Recently I was getting “Content Encoding Error” while going to access one of my staging site. But my team members are not facing such a problem while accessing this site.
After doing some Googling I found a solution. Hope this will help you all…
1) In the address bar type “about:config” (but without the inverted commas)
2) Tell it that you will be careful, Promise!!
3) In the filter type encoding
4) There should be one option reading “network.http.accept-encoding”
5) Click in the value column and type “true” (again without the inverted commas)
6) Restart your browser.
Source(s): Yahoo answers